Lic Vocational Nurse PRN
Date: Aug 4, 2021
Dallas, TX, US
Category: Nursing Jobs
Shift Type: Day
Requisition ID: 514781
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Responsible for providing total nursing care for assigned patients, under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, in order to ensure quality care.
Education and/or Licensure:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of vocational nursing and/or licensed by the Texas Board of Nursing as a Licensed Vocational Nurse; or have a valid Compact LVN License. Non-Waived Point of Care Testing
- Individuals who perform non-waived POCT must have a high school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or a college degree.
- Foreign education must be evaluated for equivalence to United States education standards by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) or Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) or COLA authorized credentialing agency.
- A copy of the high school diploma, GED, college degree/transcript or foreign education equivalence report will be required at time of hire or placement in job. Experience:
- Must have a minimum of one year of experience.
- Jail Health Must have a minimum of one year of experience in a correctional health setting.
- Other areas Prefer two years of experience in a hospital setting.
- Must have current, valid LVN license or temporary LVN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact LVN license.
-Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
- May be required to obtain Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification during initial orientation.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care and clinical area specific standards.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, management, patient, and families.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of appropriate nursing skills.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Nursing, Patient Care, Registered Nurse, LVN, Medicare, Healthcare