- A great opportunity with a close-knit team; a rural hospital setting offers a variety of cases and interesting work for surgical techs!
- The Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) provides assistance to the surgeon and Operating Room (OR) RN during the intraoperative phase of perioperative care. Functions under the supervision of the Operating Room RN and surgeon during the intraoperative phase of care.
- This is a full time, 40-hour per week position. Shifts are midweek days. Regular call coverage includes midweek days through 6pm, and rotating weekends. Some overnight call as needed when overnight call team is unavailable.
- Exceptional MaineHealth benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, retirement with employer match, paid time off, paid family leave, tuition assistance, and more!
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology.
- License/Certifications: Current BCLS and certification by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting required. Positions located in New Hampshire are required to have a New Hampshire Med Tech License.
- Experience: 1-2 years prior CST experience preferred.
- Adheres to applicable CST policies and standards, and remains within the scope of certified surgical technologist practice guidelines
- Demonstrates knowledge of the step-by-step process of specific surgical procedures and displays dexterity in the use of the required instrumentation
- Demonstrates an understanding of the principles of asepsis and infection prevention
- Demonstrates an understanding of the anatomy and operative techniques pertinent to the case being performed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with members of the healthcare team
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination
- Ability to maintain professional manner even under stressful situations
- Those positions in New Hampshire must be licensed as NH Med. Tech.
For more information on career opportunities at Memorial Hospital, contact Beth Carpenter, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner at email@example.com or (603) 356-4939.