The Registration Clerk at Memorial Hospital is responsible for both registration and switchboard duties. A high-touch position in a fast-paced environment, this position has regular interaction with patients and care team members.
This is a full time position with a variable/rotating schedule. Competitive compensation including shift differential on evenings, nights & weekends, full benefit package, and a friendly team environment are just a few of the perks of this role!
- Registration duties include collecting, verifying, entering, and monitoring appropriate patient data in the computer in compliance with the Federal, State, and Hospital confidentiality policies; Ensures all necessary paperwork is completed and appropriately signed by the patient in order to admit for inpatient, outpatient, emergency, or surgical services; and verifies the patient’s demographic information, photo ID and insurance coverage. This may be done in person or via phone or bed side upon admission. This position primarily sits in Central Registration, however may float to Emergency Department Registration as needed.
- Switchboard duties include answering incoming internal and external calls, directing callers to appropriate departments, preparing and distributing provider call schedules, and providing administrative assistance during emergencies.
- The ideal candidate is a team player, detail-oriented, dependable and reliable, and friendly/helpful to both care team and patients. Prior medical office experience is preferred, but willing to train the right candidate.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- License/Certifications: Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) desired.
- Experience: Computer experience required - intermediate or advanced level. Epic EMR experience preferred. Minimum of one year of customer service or data entry experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Flexible schedule with availability to work day shifts, evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Familiarity with healthcare billing and diagnostic coding preferred.
- Prior switchboard experience is helpful.
- Attention to detail including correct spelling and grammar is critical.
For more information on career opportunities at Memorial Hospital, contact Beth Carpenter, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner at email@example.com or (603) 356-4939.
MaineHealth is a health system whose members and affiliates include hospitals, physician practices, long-term care facilities, home care agencies, and support services. Learn more about this system at www.mainehealth.org