RN or LPN with a current North Dakota Licensure, BLS Certification required. Must possess good assessment, documentation, and communication skills.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting residents, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids. Must be able to distinguish letters, symbols, and colors.
1. Supervises and provides guidance for staff working under their charge.
2. Provides ongoing evaluation of other staff with implementation of the disciplinary process as indicated.
3. Provides input for staff education.
4. Communicates with nursing personnel in an organized manner while prioritizing and coordinating resident’s needs.
5. Reports pertinent information at change of shift report.
6. Reports changes or concerns regarding resident’s status to the GNP/MD, Patient Care Coordinator (PCC), DON/ADON, and family as indicated.
7. Follows the appropriate line of authority.
8. Communicates with residents, families, physicians, and nursing personnel. Follows appropriate lines of authority in communication.
9. Assists medical staff with rounds and procedures, providing them with accurate data regarding resident status.
10. Delegates responsibilities to Long Term Care Staff appropriately.
11. Participates in care conferences, committee meetings, or QA activities as assigned.
12. Collaborates in the development of policies and procedures. Assists with resident cares as needed. Answers call lights and alarms in a timely manner.
13. Provides direct supervision of meal service and assigns responsibilities to staff. Is responsible for the timeliness and orderliness of the meal service.
14. Observes and transcribes physician orders accurately.
15. Communicates with other departments as necessary regarding resident needs and issues.