· Certification as a dietary manager preferred.
· Ability to meet State requirements for food service managers or dietary managers.
· Two years’ experience in foodservice management.
· Prior experience in healthcare foodservice preferred.
Accountability for safety
Responsible for safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information (PHI) in any form including electronic, written or oral.
Professional attitude, leadership role and team member abilities. Maintains a positive professional role throughout the facility and community.
· Ability to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
· Recruit, interview, hire, train, coach, evaluate, reward, discipline, and when necessary, terminate employees working in the Food and Nutrition Services department.
· Develop work schedules to ensure adequate staff to cover each shift.
· Monitor budgets for cost-effectiveness and manage any revenue generating services.
· Use forecasts, food waste records, inventory, and equipment records to plan the purchase of food, supplies, and equipment.
· Follow standards and procedures for preparing food.
· Participate in menu planning including responding to resident preferences, substitution lists, therapeutic diets, and industry trends.
· Inspect meals and ensure that standards for appearance, palatability, temperature, and serving times are met.
· Ensure that foods are prepared according to production schedules, menus, and standardized recipes.
· Manage the preparation and service of special nourishments and supplemental feedings.
· Ensure safe receiving, storage, preparation, and service of food.
· Prepare cleaning schedules and maintain equipment to ensure food safety.
· Ensure proper sanitation and safety practices of staff.
· Review plan of care related to nutritional status.
· Support Registered Dietitian duties as needed.
· Current awareness of relevant regulations and standards of care.
· Ability to assist in evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
· All other duties as assigned.