Are you a motivated Certified Nursing Assistant or Registered Nurse seeking a new and rewarding opportunity in behavioral health?
Are you tired of sending in applications only to wait weeks to hear back about scheduling an interview?
If you answered yes to either of these questions, we want to connect with you! The hiring managers on P6, the Inpatient Psychiatry unit at Maine Medical Center, have cleared their schedule to meet with YOU as soon as this week. Experience in this area of patient care is not needed to be considered. From newly licensed CNAs and recently graduated RNs, to those who have seen it all, we welcome you to connect with this incredible team who truly lives out MaineHealth’s values each and every day.
Over the years it has evolved from a traditional psychiatric unit to one that serves an increasingly medically complex population with a particular emphasis on Geriatric Psychiatry. All patients on P6 have both a major psychiatric illness, as well as a medical comorbidity that requires an inpatient level of care.
Competitive Sign-on bonuses available for experienced RNs and CNAs, competitive differentials, career growth, and so much more is only a click away!
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) for CNAs:
- Education: Participates in ongoing education relative to role as defined.
- License/Certifications: Must be certified as a Nursing Assistant by State of Maine and be on the State of Maine Registry.
- Experience: On-the-job training provided.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and maintain courteous relationship with patients, families, visitors and Medical Center employees.
- Ability to read, write and speak English in order to transcribe and communicate approved provider's orders at a level normally acquired through a high school education.
- Knowledge of standards, policies, procedures and organizational structure of the unit, the Department of Nursing, and Maine Medical Center.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) for Registered Nurses:
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred. Must matriculate to a BSN within one year of hire, attaining completion within five years of hire.
- License/Certifications: Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Maine.
- Basic knowledge of the research base, theory, practices, principles, and processes of professional nursing.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and health care team members.
- Analytical ability sufficient to identify changes in patients' conditions and to initiate appropriate action.
- In accordance with the Clinical Nursing Advancement Program, a Clinical Nurse I who meets or exceeds all of the Clinical Nurse I criteria and requirements at the 12 month performance evaluation date, will be appointed to the Clinical Nurse II position by the Nursing Director.
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.