This is a per diem – as needed position.
The patient service representative (PSR) will greet patients in a friendly and courteous manner, answer telephones, schedule appointments, and perform other overall general office duties as assigned. The PSR will also collect, verify, enter, and monitor patient data while complying with the federal, state and MaineHealth confidentiality policies.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Education: Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: N/A
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to deal in simple monetary exchanges in regard to copays.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety