This is a per diem – as needed position.
The Substance Abuse Counselor provides assessment, consultation, and care planning to Pen Bay Medical Center inpatients.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- License/Certifications: Active Maine Licensure for Substance Abuse Counseling or LCPC/LCSW/CADC/LADC and approved substance abuse CEUs.
- Experience: Preferred recent experience in an acute Behavioral Health Care Setting.
- Successful completion of MANDT course within 6 months of hire.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the pathophysiology of addictions and substance abuse, as well as a strong understanding of medical and psychiatric terminology.
- Articulates and demonstrates an understanding of appropriate approaches with individuals experiencing significant addictions and /or psychological illness.