Responsible for supervising assigned activities for receiving, dock management, asset management and warehouse operations.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field preferred.
- Must have six (6) years experience in inventory, warehouse, logistics or other Supply Chain related field
- Must have two (2) years Supervisory or Lead experience (in addition to five (5) years of experience in inventory, warehouse, logistics or other Supply Chain related field)
- Must have experience using barcode or RFID hand scanners.
- Valid Drivers License Class C required
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have decision-making, problem-solving, and self-starting abilities.
- Must have communication skills in order to interface effectively with employees, multiple departments and external vendors.
- Must be familiar with asset or warehouse management systems.
- Must be able to use a personal computer to generate reports and to communicate to other departments and maintain records. Must be able to interact with RF devices to enable data system gathering
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with PC and MSOffice software (Word, Excel, Outlook scheduling) and Lawson (or similar) asset management software.
1. Selects, trains, schedules, motivates, supervises, and evaluates employees making recommendations for disciplinary actions up to and including termination, to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities. Ensures that assigned employees receive opportunities to further their knowledge.
2. Supervises the hospital inbound/outbound docks to coordinate the delivery/pick up of capital assets coming in and out of the facility as well as ensuring the docks are safe and in DOT, OSHA and EPA compliance.
3. Supervises the transfer of material between contract vendors, hospital departments and warehousing. Maintains an asset expediting database for identifying inbound product and supervises the delivery, testing, inspection, assembly and trade-ins with end users and intermediate departments. Manages the asset transfer forms.
4. Schedules and monitors all asset inventories. Monitor usage of assets in the asset management system and runs utilization and inventory reports to help end-users make budgetary decisions.
5. Oversees all quality checks as required by Parkland policy.
6. Performs other duties or participates in special projects as assigned including, but not limited to leading projects, assisting customers and co-workers as needed or requested of by leadership.
7. Completes daily/weekly/monthly documentation and reporting of Key Performance Indicators for all assigned activities. 8. Assists in the development and monitoring of the annual budgets that ensure the asset management department has the necessary funds to carry out the goals and objectives that have been established for the department.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction.
- Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure.
- Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area.
- Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans.
- Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Manager, Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Management, Healthcare