Maine Medical Center is seeking a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) to join our passionate and dedicated team at the MMC Weight & Wellness program.
The Maine Medical Center Weight & Wellness program is focused on wellness and disease prevention. Our integrated team of physicians, physician assistants, dietitians and social workers provides a supportive and non-judgmental environment that empowers people of all ages to reach their weight loss goals and improve their quality of life.
Behavioral Health Assessments required for patients to proceed with surgery and Health and Behavior Groups led by LCSW utilized throughout program.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- The evaluation of psychosocial needs of patients/clients and their families, and provision of diagnostic/preventive and treatment services including individual, family, and group therapy.
- Provide complex discharge planning, coordinates aftercare services, and makes referrals for other community services based on the treatment plan.
- Works in collaboration with other health/mental health professionals and provides consultation to the treatment team regarding patient/family social and environmental needs.
- Work is performed under general supervision in accordance with institutional and social work/clinical counselor policies.
- May supervise other social workers/clinical counselors, students, or other staff.
MaineHealth offers a robust benefits package that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever-changing, needs
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Knowledge of social work theories, techniques, and principles of social welfare as normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in social work from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- A bachelor's degree in a related field may be considered if acceptable to the Maine State Board of Social Work Licensure.
- Knowledge of social work theories, techniques and therapies, as used in individual, family and group treatment, as well as principles of social welfare as acquired through completion of a Master's degree in social work/counseling from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work/Counselor Education.
- License/Certification: N/A
- Experience: Two or more years' work experience in a health or mental health setting preferred.
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.