This is a per diem – as needed position.
The patient service representative (PSR) will greet patients in a friendly and courteous manner, answer telephones, schedule appointments, and perform other overall general office duties as assigned. The PSR will also collect, verify, enter, and monitor patient data while complying with the federal, state and MaineHealth confidentiality policies.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: Six months to one-year medical office related experience and/or training preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers. Ability to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume, and distance.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.