Nurse Navigator - ASC (Moody Outpatient Center)
Date: Jul 7, 2021
Dallas, TX, US
Category: Nursing Jobs
Shift Type: Day
Requisition ID: 514541
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Determines patient financial/medical eligibility, and develops, implements, monitors, and communicates individual patient plans of care to patients, families, and PHHS staff in order to ensure efficient, cost effective, quality patient care and compliance with program/PHHS policies and procedures.
Education: - Must graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
Experience: - Must have four years of hospital based patient care experience, preferably in assigned clinical area.
Equivalent Experience: - May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must maintain current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following: o American Heart Association o American Red Cross Rescuer o Military Training Network. .
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care and clinical area specific standards.
- Must be able to communicate and collaborate effectively with a diverse group of patients, families and healthcare staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of specific patient populations and be able to demonstrate knowledge of disease processes affecting this group.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of PC operations and the ability to use word processing software in a Windows environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of laws and regulations governing Medicare, Medicaid and other funding sources.
- Must be self directed and capable of priority setting and problem solving.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient center/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Medical, Nursing, Patient Care, Registered Nurse, Medicare, Healthcare