This is a 23-hour per week position.
Schedule: Friday & Saturday 3PM-8PM, Sunday 6AM-2:30PM and Monday 3PM-8PM
The Patient Registration Clerk is the first person the patient has contact with. They review the patient’s demographics, which includes their insurance information, patient privacy rights and consents. The Patient Registration Clerk is responsible entering patient information accurately for admission, outpatient, and emergency services. If you want to be part of a dynamic team that services the community, please apply online.
· Obtains signatures, verifies identification and insurance eligibility, obtains copies of insurance cards and completes forms as required by state and federal regulations.
· Admits patients and transfers appropriate paperwork.
· Involves interactions with doctors, nurses and other hospital personnel that requires strict patient confidentiality.
· Extensive on-the-job training will be provided regarding policies and procedures and knowledge of basic medical terminology.
· Good interpersonal skills are essential, as well as empathy for people in crisis.
· This person should be able to handle multiple tasks at once, prioritize work and manage interruptions easily.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):