The University of Toledo Medical Center is hiring a Director of Managed Care Contracting. The Director of Managed Care Contracting contributes to the fulfillment of the university's mission and vision through strategic leadership, financial and administrative oversight of managed care contracting with commercial payers for the University of Toledo Medical Center (UTMC) and the University of Toledo Physicians (UTP). The primary objective of this position is to promote and improve the overall financial performance of UTMC and UTP by developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with commercial payers and effectively managing all aspects of the managed care contracting processes.
For nearly 50 years, UTMC has proudly served our community with outstanding patient care for the treatment of common health needs or complex cases, a tradition we’re honored to carry on. UTMC offers competitive wages, outstanding benefits, access to the Public Employees Retirement System, generous time off allowances and additional wellness benefits. As a part of The University of Toledo, UTMC hospital employees and their dependents also have access to education benefits at UToledo.
For full qualifications and to apply, please visit:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MHA or MBA preferred.
- Requires a minimum of seven years’ experience in health care or managed care industry.
- Significant knowledge of contractual, administrative, health insurance and operational issues related to managed care organizations, physician groups, hospitals and health insurance benefit plan design required.
- Experience in negotiating and performing financial analysis of commercial payer contracts required.
- Requires understanding of physician referral requirements, knowledge of managed care process, provider reimbursement and financial risk models, and utilization management procedures.
- Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills and strong analytical and financial abilities.