Responsible for providing health care for patients in designated primary or specialty area, including patient diagnoses, treatment, education and referrals. Serves as a resource and role model for clinical practice, training, evaluation and direct management of practitioners and students in all areas encompassed by the service line to ensure optimal patient care quality. Assist leadership in assessing, planning, organizing, and implementing designated advanced practice provider activities.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and successful completion of an accredited Physician Assistant Program recognized by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its predecessors.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN):
- Master's Degree in Nursing accredited through the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
- 3 plus years of clinical experience as an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) performing the same or similar job duties.
- 5 plus years of clinical experience as an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) in any field.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
Current employees hired at Parkland before 3/1/2014, may have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross
o Military Training Network.
- Must meet and maintain licensing and registration requirements as delineated by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Medical Staff Rules and Regulations, and Credentialing Policies/Procedures.
- Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and must be maintained throughout employment.
- Current certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and must be maintained throughout employment.
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENCP) and must be maintained throughout employment.
- Current, valid Physician Assistant licensure from the Texas Board of Physician Assistants.
- Current certification as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse:
- Current RN licensure from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Current licensure from the Texas Board of Nursing as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with authorization to practice as a Family, Adult, Gerontology, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care, Adult-Gerontology Acute Care, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric, Neonatal, Psychiatric Mental Health or Women;s Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Must have active certification as Nurse Practitioner by one of the following:
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) by American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP)
- Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP) by ANCC or AANPCP
- Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (GNP) by ANCC or AANPCP
- Adult-Gerontology-Primary Care Nurse Practitioner by ANCC or AANPCP
- Adult-Gerontology-Acute Care Nurse Practitioner by ANCC or American Association of Critical-Care Nurses Certification Corporation (AACNCC)
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP) by ANCC or AACNCC
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Primary Care (PNP-PC or PPCNP) by Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) or ANCC
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Acute Care (PNP-AC) by PNCB
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) by NCC
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) by ANCC
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (WHCNP) by National Certification Corporation.
Current certification in Satori Alternative to Managing Aggression (SAMA) must be attained within 90 days of being placed in position.
Certification must be maintained throughout employment.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act or Texas Medical Board Rules, as applicable to licensure, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Must demonstrate leadership ability through both superior clinical skills and as a practice development resource.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have effective leadership skills to include motivation, recruitment, retention, and change management.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of Parkland policies, structure, procedures, and mission.
- Must demonstrate patient centered behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Medical, Counseling, Patient Care, Pediatric, Nursing, Healthcare