- The Clinical Assistant assists patients with activities of daily living, provides 1:1 observations, provides basic nursing care to ill patients and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment as delegated under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- This is a dynamic and challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do. This role supports nursing and safe patient care by providing 1:1 observation of patients as needed. Other tasks/duties may be assigned, particularly during times of low census/low acuity.
- This position is full time, 40-hours per week on evening shift.
- Competitive hourly rate, plus shift differential!
- Excellent benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, life/disability insurance, paid time off, paid family leave, tuition reimbursement, and more!
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: See “License/Certifications,” below.
- License/Certifications: Must hold current BCLS, plus one of the following:
- Licensed Nursing Assistant (state of NH) or Certified Nursing Assistant (state of ME) certification.
- Medical Assistant: Completion of an accredited MA program, plus an active NH Med Tech License.
- Active EMT or Advanced EMT (AEMT) Certification (National Registry).
- Experience: At least 6 months experience in a hospital setting is preferred. Prior emergency/urgent care, inpatient, or behavioral health experience preferred. Prior crisis intervention training/experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff.
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing.
- Ability to respond to the changing workload based on patient census.
- Ability to maintain professional manner even under stressful situations.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Completion of Behavioral health training provided by Memorial Hospital within six months of employment.
- Completion of CPI Nonviolent Crisis Intervention for Healthcare training within six months of employment.
For more information on career opportunities at Memorial Hospital, contact Beth Carpenter, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 356-4939.