This a 36 hour per week position.
Interventional Pain RN navigator will be responsible for peri-procedural patient management including working with primary and specialty departments to develop and execute individualized peri-procedural antithrombotic plans, triage urgent and emergent referrals and collecting needed clinical information and imaging prior to procedures. They will work with providers to identify and manage high risk patients. They will provide office encounters to educate patients. They will be involved in projects focused on improving clinic and pre-procedure patient experience, pre-procedure protocol development and facilitate shared decision making with patients and referring clinicians regarding appropriate pain management.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Education: Nursing degree required.
- License/Certifications: Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Maine.
- Experience: Working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams; Experience working with patients and families preferred
- Computer proficiency.
- Demonstrated competency in applying evidence based knowledge, theory, practices, principles, and process of professional nursing.
- Compassionate, articulate and patient Knowledgeable about the breadth and accessibility of community resources.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to build and maintain solid interdepartmental relationships.
- Strong problem solving and advocacy skills.
- Experience in community outreach is desirable.
- Ability to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks and to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to identify potential crisis situations involving patients and/or families and to initiate appropriate action.