For a limited time MMC is offering up to $20,000 Sign on bonus for all eligible experienced Nurses!
- Eligible candidates are hired (offer accepted) into a Full or Part time MMC RN position on or after 08/20/20 and have greater than 3 years (36 months) of RN work experience. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
- Bonus is paid out in three installments – First month of employment, completion of one year of employment and completion of 2nd year of employment. Bonus amount prorated for Part time hires, per diem hires are ineligible.
- Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.
This position is for a Clinical Nurse II for the Cardiac Catheterization Lab in Portland. The Cardiac Catheterization Lab Nurse will utilize a combination of training, assessment and technical skills in the accomplishment of their duties. Prior experience in a cardiac setting is highly preferred, Interventional Radiology, or PACU are some of the other areas that will considered.
The Cardiac Catheterization Lab Nurse is required to:
- Assist with the performance of diagnostic and interventional cardiac procedures
- Use hemodynamic monitoring equipment to evaluate the patient's hemodynamic status and vital signs
- provide conscious sedation throughout Catheterization Lab procedures as well as recovery from anesthesia post procedure when necessary
- Take responsibility for helping to run Catheterization Lab related equipment
- Work with considerable independence
- Possess accurate record keeping and attention to detail skills
**This position is full time, working CORE hours of 3(12) hour Days, in which weekends or holidays are not required. However, On-call is REQUIRED wherein within a 10 week rotation, nights and weekends will be scheduled. This consists of an on-call differential as well!
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the state of Maine.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing is preferred. Must matriculate to a BSN within one year of hire, attaining completion within five years of hire.
- Completion of Level I, usually achieved within 12 months.
- Evidence of 12 hours of ongoing education per year.
- Demonstrated competency in applying evidence based knowledge, theory, practices, principles, and processes of professional nursing.
- Ability to identify potential crisis situations involving patients and/or families and to initiate appropriate action.
- Knowledge of standards, policies, procedures, and organizational structure of the unit, the Department of Nursing, and Maine Medical Center.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and health care team members.
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.