Manages the full cycle pre-employment onboarding process for final selected candidates (internal and external), background information, compliance, and quality assurance standards in the pre-employment process. This position supports serves as the face of the pre-boarding process including from the point of offer acceptance leading up to right before the actual start date. This individual helps to monitor and influence the overall pre-boarding process from start to finish. They also offer insights and expertise that help troubleshoot and improve overall pre-boarding efforts. This also includes helping to analyze and identify patterns and trends that can help inform decision-making. Resolves specific issues as they arise and serves as the primary point of contact for many stakeholders who are involved at various stages of the process.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline preferred OR Associates Degree/2 years of college plus 4 years of experience working in human resources preferred.
- HR experience in a health care setting desirable. Experience with HRIS and ATS systems highly desirable. Experience
- 5 years related (pre-boarding) experience plus a minimum of 3 years experience managing a team and working in HR.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- 8-10 years related experience in HR plus a minimum of 3 years managing a team.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.B: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS) or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.C: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Prefer certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) - OR - Certification as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) - OR - Certification as a Society for Human Resource Management - Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) - OR - Certification as a Society for Human Resource Management
- Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
Required Tests for Placement
Skills or Special Abilities
- Knowledge of pre-employment background check, medical and criminal clearance.
- Strong knowledge of federal employment laws/procedures and regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to make sound judgment decisions and recommend final hiring criteria outcomes.
- Ensures compliance with standard onboarding practices and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and organizational skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills with the ability to work with multiple groups, including remote teams, and build strong personal networks across a complex, fast-moving organization.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically and to take a hands-on approach with a technical aptitude.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate others in accomplishing goals.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and assume responsibility for decisions that have an impact on people, quality of service, and costs.
- Accomplishes commitments towards goals and objectives by motivating and building a team; motivates individuals and groups by creating a positive work environment. Responsibilities
- Manages the receipt of all required documents from potential new hires such as employment applications, educational documents, references, resumes, disclosure and consent forms, certificates of disposition, licenses, and certifications.
- Analyzes data from the submitted applications to ensure completion and accuracy prior to releasing to background screening company.
- Partners with TAPs and advises on falsification of records or disqualification of employment leading to rescinding offers.
- Oversees the updated demographics and schedules appointments for new employee physicals and drug screens.
- Ensures candidate licensure/certifications are current and determines the legitimacy of documentation submitted by the candidate to ensure eligibility for employment.
- Communicates with Background Vendor Investigators when background check reports are still pending and make inquiries regarding the reasons for delays and alerts.
- Ensures the appropriate communication is managed with TAPs, Hiring Managers, and prospective new team members with updates of clearance status.
- Ensures compliance with standard onboarding practices and procedures.
- Assist with continuous process improvement projects for pre-boarding and onboarding.
- Ensures new team members have completed all clearances and required documentation to start employment.
- Manage background and clearance vendors to ensure all operations are working properly for successful and timely clearances.
- Assist with continuous process improvement projects for pre-boarding and onboarding experience.
- Ensures all necessary items are in place for the new hire to have a successful welcoming first day of employment.
- Identify ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Make recommendations to supervisor, implement and monitor results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
1. Identifies and analyzes the design of jobs, work processes, workflows, etc. for the area and implements appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency that support the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
4. Develops and monitors annual budgets that ensure the department has the necessary funds to carry out the goals and objectives that have been established for the department.
5. Develops, implements, monitors, and revises annual goals and objectives for the department that support the missions and objectives of Parkland.
6. Selects, trains, schedules, motivates, supervises, and evaluates employees making recommendations for disciplinary actions up to and including termination, to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities. Ensures that assigned employees receive opportunities to further their knowledge.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Medical, Manager, Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Business Process, Healthcare, Management