MaineHealth is seeking a healthcare entrepreneur to help lead, plan and guide the business operations among Retail Ambulatory Services within Southern Maine Health Care.
The Senior Director, Retail Division will be responsible for the support of the overall operational, clinical, and financial performance of the Retail Ambulatory Service-line - which includes the Walk-In Clinic, Sleep Lab, Out-patient Rehab Therapy, Sports Medicine, Occupational Health and Wound Program. The Senior Director works in collaboration and partnership with Retail Services physician leadership and the Vice President to establish yearly performance goals for Retail Services, which are aligned with the vision and mission and annual implementation plan of Southern Maine Health Care.
The Senior Director, partnering with Physician Service Line leaders, has responsibility for, but not limited to, service line and departmental planning, creating a strategic growth plan, business development, managing / supervising all management staff, development as it relates to the capital and operating budget including: product-line development, budget calculations, report analysis and expense monitoring.
The Senior Director demonstrates an understanding of financial systems in order to develop financial models to appropriately monitor strategic goals, including optimizing affordability of services.
The Senior Director will ensure that the Retail service line meets operating guidelines as may be established by annual goals, including but not limited to: patient access, revenue cycle, patient satisfaction, employee and physician engagement and quality goals.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or Master's degree in related field preferred.
- License/Certification: N/A
- Experience: Minimum of five years progressive and relevant healthcare management experience. Demonstrated operations management experience.
- Extensive program development experience.
- Knowledge and experience in developing and overseeing the implementation of annual business and strategic plans.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of healthcare administration, fiscal management and government regulations and reimbursements.
- Knowledge of HR management practices including supervision and staff development.
- Ability to effectively plan and facilitate organized and productive meetings/workgroups.
- Strong aptitude for effectively influencing others at all organizational levels in project related situations.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision making to achieve organizational objectives. Ability to work independently and resolve complex issues with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with staff, physicians, executives and the public. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Understands context of assignments and tasks and able to be flexible and adaptable to changing roles & priorities.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial statements and development of pro-forma financials for new programs
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Epic experience highly desirable
- Ability to manage concurrent projects with competing priorities and aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess strong analytic skills in order to manipulate, analyze and interpret complex data.
- Travel between site locations required.