For a limited time this position is eligible for up to a $4,000 sign-on bonus!
- The sign-on bonus is prorated based on experience.
- Current MaineHealth team members are not eligible.
- Must be separated from the MaineHealth system for a minimum of 6 months.
Position Summary (This position will consist of 32 hours per week.)
Responsible to deliver excellent quality care to patients/residents on assigned unit as directed by the Charge Nurse as prescribed by the patients/residents' plans of care.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school graduate is strongly preferred. Must obtain at least 24 hours of education every two years including topics relevant to administration of medications.
- License/Certifications: Completion of approved CNA program. CNA certification. Completion of approved training program for medication assistants. Certificate from approved CNA-M program. BCLS Certification.
- Experience: At least one year's experience in either Medical Surgical Nursing, Long Term Care, including Dementia Care and/or Skilled Care or Home Care setting preferred. To qualify for the per diem rate, per diem CNA-M's must have at least 2 years of relevant experience and cannot be currently employed by the Pen Bay Healthcare system in a benefited position.
- Must maintain current on CNA Registry.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to work with persons affected by a wide variety of physical and cognitive deficits.