Maine Behavioral Healthcare, a member of the MaineHealth System, is seeking an experienced (2 + yrs) Psych NP or PA. The selected candidate will provide face to face & tele-psychiatric evaluations, medication management, and health care to patients. They will co-manage their caseloads with the physicians and care team. They will develop and record a plan for effective and timely treatment for patients in a community based setting
- Work collaboratively with patient's primary clinician in diagnostic evaluation, on-going medication assessment, and therapeutic treatment.
- Provide health screening and education regarding medications.
- Respond to requests for medical consultation in a timely fashion.
- Prescribe medical treatment within scope of practice.
- Complete medical records timely per policy.
- Respond to medical emergencies and determine need for transfer to accepting facility in collaboration with psychiatric care when needed.
Maine Behavioral Healthcare is committed to creating:
A seamless system of behavioral healthcare across Maine, coordinating inpatient hospital psychiatric care with community based treatment services
- Better access to medical care through integration with primary care services
- Effectively coordinating client and patient care across multiple locations and treatment settings to provide optimal health outcomes
- Serve as a national model for treating people with serious mental health issues
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master's degree with an advanced knowledge of nursing theory and practice, and additional medical training.
- Advanced skill and knowledge in conducting psychiatric evaluations and treating patients.
- Current and valid license as a Nurse Practitioner by the Maine State Board of Nursing and qualified to do psychiatric evaluations and medication management.
- Specific credentialing criteria needed if working in the hospital as defined by Medical Staff By-Laws.