The Home Health RN II provides excellent, competent patient and family centered care. In accordance with national standards of nursing practice and within the guidelines and policies and procedures of both MHCAH and the Maine State Board of Nursing, provides highly reliable, evidenced based, patient-family centered quality care through assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the effects of nursing care.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing. A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is preferred.
- License/Certifications: Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Maine. Current certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers. Current, valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle, with vehicle available for work covered by liability insurance as specified by agency policy.
- Experience: N/A
- Basic knowledge of the research base, theory, practices, principles, and processes of professional nursing.
- Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and health care team members.
- Analytical ability sufficient to identify changes in patients' conditions and to initiate appropriate action.