This is a 40 hour per week position with evening and weekend hours being required.
The Primary Care Medical Assistant (MA) is assigned duties and responsibilities related to patient care in a team-based environment. The MA will assist providers in the care and treatment of patients, including administrative support, while promoting a smooth flow of patients through the office and helping to create a calm, supportive atmosphere. The Primary Care Medical Assistant will need to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, where flexibility and adaptability are essential.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduate of an adult education or college Medical Assistant program with less than 1 year work experience; or Certified Nursing Assistant or ED Tech with one year of experience; or 2 years of experience in a medical office or outpatient hospital setting.
- License/Certifications: Certifications accepted are National Healthcare Association (NHA), American Medical Technologist (AMT), National Certified Medical Assistant (NCCT) or American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). If not currently certified, must obtain NHA certification within 3 months of eligibility.
- Experience: See "Education."
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems and applications with typing or computer skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers; ability to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume and distance.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise appropriate independent judgment, decision making and problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, patients, public and external agencies.
- Ability to prioritize and organize.