Coordinates, participates, and monitors community activities and function for applicable outreach programs.
Education: Must have a Bachelor's degree.
Experience: Must have three years of experience in planning, developing and/or coordinating community events and working with community groups.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience: May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
Skills or Special Abilities: - Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proven time management skills.
- Must be organized and have demonstrated community organization or development ability.
- Must be able to demonstrate client centered/client valued behaviors.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, particularly in working with a diverse population.
- Must be familiar with the fields of social work, public health or community development.
-Must be able to demonstrate the ability to use a PC, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
Responsibilities: 1. Builds relationships with local community influencers including, but not limited to, faith leaders, non-profit/community-based organizations, grassroots organizations, businesses, neighborhood associations, area schools and issue-based coalitions.
2. Assesses the assets and needs of the community by collecting qualitative community data, such as conducting focus groups, key informant stakeholder interviews, and hosting community conversations with area influencers and residents, allowing Parkland to listen and learn from people in communities.
3. Coordinates local volunteer opportunities for employees to participate in charitable and environmental activities within neighborhoods served by Parkland.
4. May facilitate COPC Community Advisory Boards, including preparing agendas, hosting regular meetings, providing updates on Parkland and COPC activities and initiatives, and securing presentations from non-community advisory board members to educate members on other community resources, initiatives, etc.
5. Assists in engaging key external stakeholders in collaborating with Parkland to achieve shared health improvement goals and objectives, reduce health disparities, and improve health equity.
6. In conjunction with Community Advisory Board members, may plan and implement community and service area health education programs.
7. Serves as a resource on issues related to community assets, demographics, and needs by participating in community coalitions and meetings and providing information about Parkland services to community organizations, agencies, and residents.
Job Accountabilities: 1. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Medical, Patient Care, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare