Responsible for development, implementation and continual process improvement evaluation for Orientation, professional development and continuing education programs that are designed to ensure that staff is credentialed and able to demonstrate current competencies and meet professional practice standards.
- Must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Preferred Master of Science in Nursing.
- Must have four (4) years of clinical nursing experience, including one (1) year of nursing education experience and two (2) years of recent work in clinical specialty area.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license with the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
- Must be certified as a CPR and ACLS Instructor or obtain within six months of employment/placement in classification
- Must pass a Microsoft Office PowerPoint and Basic Excel online proficiency test.
- If applicable, applicants must pass (80% or above) the Challenge Exam to staff in their respective clinical nursing practice area.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must demonstrate and maintain knowledge related to clinical area and Nursing Education.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, interpersonal skills and professional standards.
- Must have superior writing skills to compose curriculum, including but not limited to course outlines, objectives and presentations.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of teaching/learning theroies and application of multiple learning methodologies.
- Must display ability to successfully manage multiple educational projects simultaneously.
- Must have ability to create and maintain organized, confidential and professionally written educational files consistent with departmental and organizational processes
- Must be able to establish effective, respectful and collegial working relationships with all internal and external customers including but not limited to peer group, leadership, patients, physicians, employees, students volunteers and vendors
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of technology as applicable to role.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Nursing, Registered Nurse, Patient Care, Nurse Educator, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare