Maine Medical Partners is seeking a talented and dedicated Social Worker LCSW to provide professional social work services to patients and families at The Gender Clinic at The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital, including direct counseling services, crisis intervention, and coordination of community services/resources
The Gender Clinic at The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital is a one-of-a-kind specialty practice that focuses on the care of gender non-conforming and transgender youth, adolescents and their families. The experienced and dedicated providers at the Gender Clinic aim to provide support for all areas of need for patients and families, including medical, social and psychological.
The Social Worker clinical responsibilities may include:
- Conduct comprehensive, culturally sensitive psychosocial assessments, develops care plans, and provides counseling and crisis intervention services to patients and families.
- Assist the divisions in providing family-centered care for children with chronic medical conditions by working collaboratively with providers to develop chronic care therapeutic programs.
- Provide emotional support; assessment, mental health and emotional interventions for patients, their siblings, and their parents.
- Participate in advocacy, and help identify resources for families and children.
- Provide information and psycho-education about health/mental health issues to patients, families and groups.
- Instruct parents on behavior modification strategies to assist with their child’s compliance to medical regimes in both individual and group sessions.
MaineHealth offers a robust benefits package that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Master's degree in social work from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work education.
- License/Certifications: Current State of Maine Social Work license.
- Experience: Experience providing therapeutic services to pediatric patients with chronic medical issues.
- Knowledge of professional social work principles, methodology, and ethics and of human psychosocial development within the family, community, and culture.
- Knowledge of the use of therapeutic relationship to foster patient involvement.
- Knowledge of health and social issues impacting diverse clients and their well-being.
- Skill in client advocacy and case management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A high level of analytical skills to resolve complex psychosocial problems associated with illness.
- Ability to interact effectively as member of interdisciplinary health care team.
- Ability to identify and utilize community resources.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with diverse patient population.
- Adhere to NASW Code of Ethics.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.