This individual will be responsible for helping create and managing the centralized outreach center. Oversees all activities of the center and ensures full performance and productivity of the team in each of the centers initiatives as well as function in the day-to-day activities where needed. Provides direct and practical experience in the operation or functioning of the managerial role. Develops and executes operating protocols and standards, ensuring an effective, scalable virtual care outreach platform. This position will serve as day-to-day manager for all dedicated virtual outreach team members.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Master's degree in Nursing Health Management or Informatic field preferred.
- Must have five years of professional nursing experience.
- Must have two years of management experience.
- Must have at least one year of telehealth/telemedicine experience.
- Two or more years of supervisory experience in a customer service call center environment preferred.
- Knowledge of project management concepts and principles preferred.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.B: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS) or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
-Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.C: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have telehealth/telemedicine certification or must obtain within one year of employment.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross - Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Must be capable of serving as a clinical resource for staff. - Must demonstrate advanced knowledge of assigned department operations including policies, personnel and budget management.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in working with a diverse population of physicians, patients, nursing staff, management and administration.
- Must be capable of leadership and have effective organization skills.
1. Works with Virtual Care leadership team to develop the Virtual Outreach Center and scripts for the core initiatives.
2. Works with Virtual Care leadership team to create job descriptions for Center roles.
3. Manages daily Center unit activities to ensure high quality patient care and optimal outcomes. Communicates with physicians, social work and other department staff to promote integrated, effective care. Serves as patient advocate, follows up on patient care issues and outcomes, oversees/arranges discharge support. Documents and supervises center/patient information including charts, surveys, reports, research, correspondence, statistics and quarterly reports to ensure efficient, accurate data.
4. Maintains performance data to ensure metrics are achieved as designated.
5. Selects, onboard, trains, supervises, motivates and evaluates center staff. Assesses patient needs and staff capabilities, scheduling staff to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities, while providing optimal service to internal and external customers. Ensures assigned staff receive opportunities to further their knowledge. Serves as a role model and resource. Evaluates staff competencies and delegates tasks effectively. Directs staff meetings, interviews, trains, counsels and provides other personnel activities to ensure that clinical activities meet department and Parkland goals and mission objectives.
6. Serves as a clinical resource, maintains skills and promotes staff development. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements and trends in the specialty area by attending seminars or workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations and maintaining Texas RN licensure (if applicable). Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices. Serves as an educational resource for patients, families and Parkland staff. Responsible for maintaining Nursing Standards and Practices on the unit.
7. Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective unit procedures. Develops and evaluates staff activities to promote knowledge of all rules, regulations, policies, procedures, laws and guidelines, including The Joint Commission, that impact the unit and ensures compliance. Collaborates with Directors, Quality/Risk Management and Nursing Administration. Maintains communication on hospital wide practices through committee participation.
8. Responsible for a collaborative work team to ensure positive working relationships. Communicates effectively with physicians, students, and other departments such as Respiratory Therapy, Pharmacy, Environmental and Linen Services. Maintains good communication with other hospitals, government/regulatory agencies and community representatives.
9. Responsible for performance improvement practices on the unit. Collaborates with staff, physicians, administration and risk management to evaluate and improve patient services. Identifies and analyzes the design of jobs, work processes and flows in the unit and implements appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity and efficiency that support the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
10. Reviews coordinated efforts, and identifies opportunities for improvement for more efficient and more effective organizational processes related to access to care and/or continuation of care.
11. Assists with Center activities where necessary should the performance be behind necessary metrics or shortages in staffing.
1. Identifies and analyzes the design of jobs, work processes, work flows, etc. for the area and implements appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency that support the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
4. Develops and monitors annual budgets that ensure the department has the necessary funds to carry out the goals and objectives that have been established for the department.
5. Develops, implements, monitors, and revises annual goals and objectives for the department that support the missions and objectives of Parkland.
6. Selects, trains, schedules, motivates, supervises, and evaluates employees making recommendations for disciplinary actions up to and including termination, to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities. Ensures that assigned employees receive opportunities to further their knowledge.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Pharmacy, Respiratory, Manager, Patient Care, Telemedicine, Healthcare, Management