This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position.
Pen Bay Skin Center is offering an exciting opportunity for a Medical Assistant to join our team! We are looking for candidates with strong communication skills, a positive attitude and proven record of reliability. Our medical assistants work with a team of providers, to enhance patient care and procedures through rooming and obtaining vital signs, setting up and assisting with procedures, and returning patient calls. This position requires a positive attitude to contribute to the team spirit within the practice.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Education: Graduate of an adult education or college Medical Assistant program with less than 1 year work experience; or Certified Nursing Assistant or ED Tech with one year of experience; or 2 years of experience in a medical office or outpatient hospital setting.
- License/Certifications: Certifications accepted are National Healthcare Association (NHA), American Medical Technologist (AMT), National Certified Medical Assistant (NCCT) or American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). If not currently certified, must obtain NHA certification within 3 months of eligibility.
- Experience: See "Education."
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems and applications with typing or computer skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers; ability to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume, and distance.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise appropriate independent judgment, decision making and problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, patients, public and external agencies.
- Ability to prioritize and organize.