Responsible for assisting in the daily management of unit activities including staff supervision and development, planning, budget, quality and facility operations and coordinating patient services to ensure high quality patient care and optimal outcomes.
SCHEDULE: Day Shift; 12 hour shift; 3 days per week
Medical - Active Day 1 of hire
Flexible Spending Accounts
Must have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing; OR, - Must obtain a Bachelor's degree within three years of placement in job.
- Must have three years of professional nursing experience.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following: o American Heart Association o American Red Cross Rescuer o Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Must be capable of serving as a clinical resource for staff.
- Must have a working knowledge of assigned department operations including policies, personnel and budget management.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in working with a diverse population of physicians, patients, nursing staff, management and administration.
- Must demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Labor and Delivery, OB/GYN, Obstetrics, Nursing, Medical, Healthcare