Assesses, plans, implements and coordinates care for the minority HIV infected patient population, to assist, serve and identify their medical needs for referrals and planning.
- Associate's Degree in a health care related field preferred.
- One year of terminal illness related care or counseling experience required.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
- Prefer registration with the Partner Notification Program of the Texas Department of Health for HIV training to provide test results to patients.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- May be required to be bi-lingual.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with all cultural, ethnic, national and socio-economic levels.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- Must demonstrate a medical knowledge of disease process; general knowledge of human services; and be culturally sensitive.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Medical, HIV AIDS, Patient Care, Infectious Disease, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare