The Marketing Specialist (Content) is primarily accountable for creating content for internal and external communications including web and social media, as well as, feature stories, press releases, and internal communications. Assists with capturing and editing photos and video content.
• Creates content for SCH’s social media platforms and website, as well as, but not limited to feature stories, press releases, and internal communications.
• Provides content, photography, and creative design for SCH publications.
• Produces videography and/or oversees SCH videography needs.
• Maintains SCH’s website with a patient-first focus, and developing content that accurately markets our services spotlights our physicians.
• Assists in monitoring social networking sites and provide insightful analysis to drive greater audience engagement.
• Assists in distribution of press releases to media contacts and tracking media placements.
• Coordinates, or assists with the coordination, and planning of various SCH events and outreach activities, and participate in the execution of those events.
• Serves as a referral/contact person for questions directed to the Marketing/PR department as needed.
• Provides administrative and clerical support functions for Marketing & PR as needed.
• Performance of other duties as assigned.
• Accountable, adaptable, flexible, creative, dependable, responsible, and able to perform well within multi-functional environments.
• Must have excellent organization and project management skills.
• Ability to work effectively in both a team environment as well as being self-motivated when working independently.
• Ability to manage multiple and varied assignments and deadlines while maintaining a high degree of work quality and accuracy is essential.
• Must be familiar with social media platforms and basic website maintenance.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic design, communications, public relations, journalism, advertising, or related field required.
Three to five years of demonstrated marketing or public relations experience and strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite products required. Photography and videography skills strongly preferred. Healthcare marketing experience is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is required to communicate effectively. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for reading and computer work. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
The work environment described here is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in an area with good lighting and climate control. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.