This is a 40 hour per week position.
Through collaborative relationships with physicians, staff and outpatient resources, the Social Worker will be responsible for addressing psychosocial issues that arise within the Coastal Healthcare Alliance CHA Emergency Departments. Their mission will be to enhance the patient experience, lessen barriers to care and services, improve quality, and reduce costs for our patients. This position will be under the direction of the Emergency Department Manager.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Education: N/A
- License/Certifications: Licensed in the State of Maine as Social Worker with a minimum of five years’ experience.
- Experience: Recent Emergency Room and Rapid Response experience required. Experience using an Electronic Health Record and ability to maintain accurate and timely documentation.
- Working knowledge of local community resources a must.
- Applicant must be willing to assist the other emergency department as needed. Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload as needed.
- Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and self-motivation.