OR ATTENDANT-LGSH SURGERY-FULL TIME (JOB ID: 6199)
Employment Status: FT
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participates in meetings, in-services, and committees as needed or requested.
Maintains a safe, neat and clean physical environment in a patient care area according to hospital policy, OSHA, safety and infection control regulations.
Keeps OR management informed of any safety concerns identified in the department.
Takes all necessary safety precautions when performing patient transport job duties (side rails up, stretcher/bed locked, bed in low position, and staying with patient).
Provides unit specific patient care duties under the guidance of licensed professionals.
Assist with data collection for PI indicators as directed.
Assist with positioning and moving of patients with appropriate supervision.
8. Develops and maintains technical knowledge of opening/maintaining the sterile field and can demonstrate correct break down of sterile field at appropriate time
a. Scrub into sterile procedures to assist with retraction
b. Can operate camera during laparoscopic procedures under the direct supervision of the physician
Is able to scrub in to provide assistance with holding retractors, limbs, and tissue as instructed by surgeon.
Assist with holding limbs for prepping purposes.
Answers pages quickly and is willing to perform requested task.
Communicates with coordinator or charge nurse when leaving department.
Runs errands as directed by charge nurse.
Assist with cast application and removal as requested by surgeon.
Uses specialty beds, positioning devices, and other assistive devices correctly.
Cleans operating rooms after each procedure
CRITICAL THINKING TASKS:
1. Develops activity priorities appropriately
2. Can anticipate needs of case to follow and will gather and arrange furniture and equipment accordingly.
3. Anticipates and carries out protective techniques for safety to patient, coworkers and self
4. Plans time to respond accordingly within a minimum amount of time to minimize delays and without interference to the quality of care to the patient
5. Is familiar with entire perioperative area and able to function in all areas
6. Demonstrates open and flexible attitude with regard to daily assignments, and displays eagerness in challenging situations.
7. When requested, is willing to adjust personal schedule in order to complete workload due to increased patient activity or staffing reduction.
8. Encourages, empowers, and supports team members, promotes optimal performance and teamwork.
9. Handles personal and professional frustrations appropriately.
C.N.A. or 5 years of comparable patient care experience preferred.
Maintains current BLS Certification (CPR-B)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior