Responsible for the installation, repair, inventory, support, and maintenance of all locks within the Parkland Health & Hospital System (PHHS) to ensure all locks are properly installed, maintained, and operational.
Must have three years of experience as a locksmith.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
May have an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
Must have a Texas Class C Driver's License.
Required Tests for Placement
Skills or Special Abilities
Must have good oral and written communication skills.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of key-in-knobs, privacy locks, passage locks, mortise deadbolts, desk locks, file cabinet locks, electronic locks, and other commercial/office locks and emergency exit devices.
Must have basic PC skills.
Must have a working knowledge of key system software, such as Key Wizard, Key Stone, etc.
Must be physically able to lift heavy loads, walk, stand for extended periods, and climb ladders.
Must have access to an automobile
1. Responds to incoming lock and key requests for the entire PHHS to determine what work is required. Determines work priorities and assigns work requests to appropriate personnel. Answers questions concerning locksmith duties and policies, repairs all locks, makes and issues keys, and installs locks for doors, cabinets, desks, carts, lockers, padlocks, cash boxes, and other equipment to ensure that PHHS facilities are properly secured and that proper personnel gain access to necessary areas.
2. Performs locksmith services to assist with various projects throughout the PHHS. Meets with staff, contractors, and vendors to determine needs, and makes recommendations regarding locks, keys, repairs, maintenance, policies, key control systems, and projects. Reads blueprints and performs take-offs on locks, and orders hardware that is needed for projects to ensure that all facility improvement projects are provided with the necessary locksmith services.
3. Assists with maintaining an inventory of locks and locksmith supplies, ordering locks, keys, parts, and special tools as needed. Maintains computer key control system to ensure that all necessary supplies are in stock and that PHHS keys are accounted for.
4. Stays abreast of the latest developments by attending seminars and workshops when possible, reading appropriate trade magazines such as Locksmith Ledger, National Locksmith, and the Security Technician to improve working knowledge of locksmith technology, materials, supplies, and equipment. Implements knowledge gained into current work practices.
5. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction, both internally and externally. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals and mission of the PHHS.
6. Maintains a positive working relationship with job-related contacts, such as vendors, employees, and outside agencies to ensure that all job-related contacts are pleasant and productive.
7. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact the Locksmith area. Develops effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws, and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as necessary to ensure proper understanding.
1. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare