THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR OUR CURRENT $1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
Current MaineHealth employees are not eligible for the sign-on bonus. Must be separated from the MaineHealth system for 3 months to be eligible.
- Position Summary
- Under the supervision of leadership, the cook is responsible for the preparation and presentation of food production during assigned scheduled hours. The cook will follow standardized recipes and work in a timely and efficient manner. The cook is required to comply with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and follow food production programs and procedures.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school diploma or GED is strongly preferred, with reading comprehension and writing ability at a 12th grade level or higher.
- License/Certifications: Certificate in food preparation training preferred.
- Experience: Commercial cooking experience preferred or domestic cooking experience with large groups. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Enjoy working with older adults.
- OSHA-MSDS sheets and procedures.
- Fire and safety procedures.
- Knows resident rights and understands abuse and neglect per state regulations.
- State and federal food-handling and kitchen regulations.
- Operation of kitchen appliances (dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, coffeemaker, ice machine, etc.), office equipment (fax machine, photocopier, telephone, etc), and household appliances (vacuum cleaner, etc.).