Provides debridement and wound care to patients to decrease complications, speed healing time, and assist in maximum recovery for patients.
- Must have one year of related experience in a medical/surgical environment.
- Previous experience as a wound care technician preferred.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for the experience requirements.
- Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to successfully complete an in-house training program specific to assigned department.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively with patients, families, medical staff and hospital personnel.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued care attitudes in dealing with patients.
- Must have good fine motor and manual dexterity skills.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Wound Care, Medical, Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare