Per Diem Opportunity
The Resource Supervisor is responsible for leadership and direction of all personnel in the delivery of quality patient care based on SMHC standards as written in the SMHC Mission Statement. Serves as the onsite administrative resource for the facility during the hours the administrative staff are not present in the hospital. This is a professional nursing position which requires skills in supervision, management and leadership as well as a broad base of knowledge in nursing theory and practice. The Resource Supervisor provides hospital-wide administrative supervision by functioning as an administrative resource for all departments. He/she must be able to respond appropriately to emergencies demonstrating assessment and intervention skills. This position reports directly to the Resource Center Manager.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing preferred. Bachelor of Nursing degree preferred.
- License/Certifications: Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maine required. ACLS certification required within 1 year of becoming a Resource Supervisor. BLS required.
- Experience: Minimum of five years' recent acute care experience. Experience in effective day-to-day oversight of clinical staff.
- Advanced educational preparation or experience in the area of clinical practice and/or management preferred. ACLS certified.
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, decisive judgment, and decision-making.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and effective leadership skills with the ability to work well within a team environment by accepting and offering honest and constructive feedback.
- Ability to be objective and impartial to make decisions based on the needs of the whole hospital.