Coordinate, manage and evaluate the care of people with wounds, ostomies and/or continence issues from admission through discharge to facilitate high-quality, patient-centered care in a cost effective manner. Promote collaboration among the health care teams to provide a multidisciplinary approach in the care of patients with wounds and ostomies.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in nursing.
- Prefer graduates of a Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Education Program (WOCNEP) accredited by the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society (WOCN).
- Must have four (4) years of nursing experience, to include two years of experience in area of practice.
Equivalent Experience: - N/A
- Must have and maintain current RN license or valid temporary license with the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must hold and maintain one certification from the Wound Ostomy and Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNCB), as follows. -Certified Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurse (CWOCN) -Certified Wound Care Nurse (CWCN) -Certified Ostomy Care Nurse (COCN) -Certified Continence Care Nurse (CCCN) -Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse (CWON) -Certified Foot Care Nurse (CFCN)
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following: o American Heart Association o American Red Cross Rescuer o Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multi-disciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient centered/patient valued care.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care and takes initiative in recommending changes to care plan.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective communication skills to facilitate a multidisciplinary care approach involving the patient, family, interdisciplinary team members to include peers and community health care.
- Must demonstrate advanced analytical ability to prioritize, assess, evaluate, and recognize variances in the patient or family that may require adjustments in the plan of care to promote optimal outcomes.
- Must demonstrate skills of self-direction, time management, flexibility and adaptability with patient care.
- Must initiate changes in patient care utilizing independent judgment with minimum supervision.
- Must possess leadership abilities.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of and comfort with application, management and guidelines of negative pressure wound therapies.
- Must demonstrate and maintain basic knowledge of operating room techniques for negative pressure therapy application.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Nursing, Patient Care, Registered Nurse, Surgery, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare