Psychiatric Technician- Behav Hlt Ext Observation Unit (Part-time Nights)
Date: May 18, 2021
Dallas, TX, US
Category: Allied Health and Clinical Support Jobs
Shift Type: Night
Requisition ID: 403561
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Provides assistance and monitoring of patient activities and procedures, under the direction of a registered nurse, ensuring a safe and secure environment for both patients and employees.
- Must have Psychiatric Technician vocational training through a recognized organization, OR,
- Have a Bachelor degree in Psychology or Social work - Psychiatric technician experience not required.
- In lieu of vocational training, must have one year of experience as a Psychiatric Technician or Residential Treatment/Group Home worker, OR,
- A nursing student who has had Psychiatric clinical rotation, OR,
- A UAPwith Psychiatric experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
- Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
- Must have SAMA certification, levels 1-4 or must obtain within 30 days of hire or placement into the job. Must have SAMA certification before first clinical orientation shift.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate basic patient care skills and the use of supplies and assigned equipment.
- May be required to handle aggressive patients using Client Management methods.
- Must be able to do some heavy lifting and moving.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with departmental personnel, other hospital personnel, physicians, patients and families.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behavior.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Psychology, Patient Care, Nursing, Registered Nurse, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare