Date: May 18, 2021
Dallas, TX, US
Category: Non Clinical Jobs
Shift Type: Rotating
Requisition ID: 469221
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Receives, records and dispatches service calls and requests to ensure that security and public safety needs at PHHS facilities are handled in a timely manner.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Prefer previous law enforcement experience.
Must obtain within one year from date of hire or placement in role Basic Telecommunications Certification from the State of Texas.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must pass extensive background investigation.
- Must pass a pre-employment polygraph.
- Must be able to demonstrate multi-tasking abilities.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of personal computers.
- Must have effective written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to make sound judgments.
- Must remain calm and effectively respond during stressful and/or high pressure emergency situations.
- Must deal with the public and fellow employees in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Must be able to effectively respond in a stressful or high pressure environment handling emergency and non-emergency communications in a calm manner.
- Must be able to deal with the public and fellow employees in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare