**You must be a current UK student to apply for this position. This position is located off-campus with a local Lexington employer and is not affiliated with the university.**
Responsible for the supervision, management and safety of children. Responsible for directing activities and executing daily lesson plans. The counselor will work with other staff toward providing a program to foster children’s social, physical, spiritual and mental growth.
* assisting the site director or camp director in providing a quality curriculum that includes adult directed activities and center choices that takes into consideration the needs of each child and the goals and objectives of the YMCA
* assume responsibility for the safety of the children at all times
* implement daily/weekly/monthly lesson plans under the supervision of the site director or camp director
* be responsible for daily record keeping and adherence to all requirements
* be in charge if the site director is absent and asks you to do so
* uphold the association’s child protection policies, child abuse and neglect guidelines and proper reporting procedures
* manage the program’s resources responsibly
* attend all staff meetings and in-service training as required by the YMCA and the Cabinet for Human Resources
* directing and assisting the daily cleaning and maintenance of the space and/or facility
* attend parent conferences if necessary
* meet the individual needs of all children including but not limited to changing diapers/personal care
* assist in the planning and implementation of parent-child activities
* continue professional development through community involvement, reading and further education
* assume any other duties as directed by your supervisor and the YMCA administration
* establish and maintain positive relationships and open communication with other staff, parents, children and school administration and faculty
* meet the individual needs of all children at the site regardless of group placement
* control and maintain supplies and inventory
* prepare daily snack for the children
* be prepared to work school’s day out programs
* support and implement healthy eating and physical activity initiatives (HEPA)
* must be able to supervise the children by sight and sound at all times
* must have oral, auditory, and written communication skills appropriate for interacting with both children and adults
* must be able to move freely and quickly through the building and outside
* must be able to obtain CPR and First Aid certifications
* must be able to remain alert while on duty
* must be able to comprehend and implement state licensing rules as they relate to child care
* basic record keeping
* basic mathematical skills with speed and accuracy
* must be able to lift 50 pounds at least 3 feet off the ground
* A program that is built upon developmentally appropriate practices in which children are encouraged to grow to their full potential.
* A program that is respectful and supportive of families.
* A program that meets the highest standards of quality.
* A safe, warm, friendly atmosphere that contributes to the YMCA vision to build strong kids, strong families, strong communities.
* FREE city-wide YMCA membership
* Discounted Program Fees
* Flexible Work Schedules
* Training Opportunities
**We are offering a summer camp bonus of up to $500 if staff works up to 150 hours and meets other requirements.**