Supervises the sterilization of all items received by the assigned shift, and to respond to questions and problems as they arise to ensure that clean and sterile items are available as needed, and that the shift operates in an efficient manner.
- Must have four years of experience in a Sterile Processing department.
- Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT) OR
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) OR
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician Â¿ Cert. Instrument Specialist (CRCST-CIS) OR
- Certified Ambulatory Surgery Sterile Processing Technician (CASSPT) OR
- Certified Surgical Instrument Specialist (CSIS) OR
- Certified Flexible Endoscope Preprocessor (CFER) OR
- Certified Surgical Technician (CST) OR
- Certified Operating Room Surgical Technician (CORST) OR
- Tech in Surgery-Certified (TS-C) NCCT.
- Prefer Certified in Healthcare Leadership OR
- Certified in Sterile Processing Management (CSPM)
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have a thorough understanding of sterilization techniques and procedures and of the equipment utilized in the department.
- Must have good communication skills, good organization skills and good problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective supervisory skills.
- Must be able to operate a 10-key adding machine and possess keyboarding skills.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Gastroenterology, Manager, Patient Care, Surgery, Sterile Processing, Healthcare, Management