The Nurse Health Informatics Specialist serves as a liaison between Patient Care Services and Clinical Technologies to assist in the development of, maintenance of, and training for assigned clinical systems to support the care of patients. The Staff Educator provides education and evaluation to nursing and patient care staff, and facilitates evidenced-based research within a specialized are of nursing.
The Nurse Health Informatics Specialist/Staff Educator reports to the Chief Nursing Officer.
Nurse Health Informatics Specialist responsibilities:
1. Support and practice the Mission and Philosophy of Ruby Valley Medical Center;
2. Assist with the electronic medical record clinical application maintenance and optimization;
3. Serve as primary healthcare informatics resource supporting staff roles throughout the care continuum;
4. Evaluate the workflow and Centriq system integration;
5. Provide communication to the healthcare team of any changes in production, overall system upgrades or enhancements to ensure an effective flow of information through the organization;
6. Collaborate with other departments to optimize use of the system;
7. Ensure timely resolution of day to day issues as identified by the end users:
8. Provide system training for new staff members;
9. Use professional knowledge and experience of systems to help create and improve processes, improve safety, promote best practices, and facilitate patient care.
Staff Educator responsibilities:
1. Provides educational leadership to patients and care providers to enhance specialized patient care within established healthcare setting.
2. Assists patients and caregivers with educational needs, problem resolution, and health management across the continuum of care.
3. Collaborates with medical providers, patient care staff, and unit management in the planning, implementation, and delivery of educational curricula.
4. Initiates skills development programs within the parameters of established care models; monitors trends and implements educational strategies to ensure compliance with quality standards and parameters.
5. Provides direct specialized nursing services to an assigned group of patients, providing specialized patient care within nursing protocols and assisting in the performance of all related nursing duties
6. Develops patient care plans, incorporating evidenced-based research and national standards; consults with and services as a resource to ensure quality patient care.
7. Educates technical and patient care staff in the use of new equipment, supplies, and instruments; coordinates in-service training and workshops for appropriate staff.
8. Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
9. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and/or Licensure:
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
• Must possess current valid license as a registered nurse in the state of practice.
• Nurse educator certification preferred.
• 2-5 years’ experience working as a registered nurse in a hospital setting.
• Previous experience in a teaching setting preferred.
• Must possess valid basic life support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Regulatory guidelines;
• Communication skills, both in writing and verbally;
• Ability to work autonomously on projects;
• Ability to direct the efforts of multiple people;
• Solid competency in computer skills;
• Must be detail oriented.
• Frequently sitting, standing, bending, reaching, using computer devices;
• Moderate walking;
• Moderate lifting of less than 20 pounds