Function: To plan and provide for total patient care through use of nursing
process in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient
needs. To direct and guide patient teaching, activities of ancillary
personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
- Consistently utilizes methods and knowledge to accurately assess all patient systems.
- Identifies appropriate nursing diagnosis to develop a plan of care that is individualized, timely, and patient centered.
- Implements nursing actions safely and consistently with the plan of care.
- Incorporates patient and family teaching into the assessment and care of each patient. Evaluates outcomes of patient care and teaching
- Assessment, planning, intervention, including teaching and evaluation of patient care are reflected by completed and accurate documentation.
- Acts as liaison between physicians, care team, the patient, and the family. Serves as patient advocate, as necessary.
- Demonstrates the ability to use critical thinking skills in prioritization, delegation, decision making and practicing safety.
- Attends all required meetings and inservices.
Education: Graduate of accredited school of nursing. Current Iowa license
(RN). BCLS, ACLS as indicated by area of responsibility. Successful
completion of JCH pharmacology qualifying examination.
Experience: Experience preferred, but not required.
Various statuses, shifts, and schedules
Employment Type (feed only)
Fulltime, Part-time, PRN