Performs routine patient care duties and related work duties as required:
- Knows cardinal signs and symptoms, recognizes and reports to the nurse assigned to the patient, any abnormalities noted and problems voiced by the patients
- Performs routine, non-professional, bedside patient care within hospital policies and procedures, under the supervision of a nurse
- Assists patients, families, and visitors with various needs to enhance customer service
- Visually assesses patient safety needs
- Performs simple and complex procedures, i.e., activities of daily living, specimen collection, glucometer checks, clear infusion totals, prime non-medicated IV tubing, oxygen tanks, removal of dressings, discontinue foley catheters, discontinue IVs, and other procedures/techniques
- Initiates BLS in emergency situations
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work
Two positions available:
- One position available with hours on Saturday and Sunday from 6:00am - 10:00pm.
- One position available with hours on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 10:00pm - 6:00am.
- Completion of 75-hour Certified Nursing Assistant training program
- Current Iowa CNA license
- Active on Certified Nursing Assistant registry
- BCLS certified within 60 days of hire
- Mandatory Reporter completed within 90 days of hire
Benefits: In addition to Vision insurance and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Story Medical also offers the following benefits to it's part time employees:
- Up to $2,000 in Professional Development Assistance
- Free access to Story Medical's onsite wellness center
- Iowa Public Employee Retirement System (IPERS)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Family-Like Environment!
Story County Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment, post-offer physical and drug screen required.