Under close supervision of the Lead Cook and according to defined procedures and established schedules, performs a variety of duties normally executed in serving customers, preparing food, transporting and emptying trash receptacles, cleaning the kitchen, storing stock, and checking and recording hot and cold temperatures and washing dishes.
They follow the daily planned menus including the production thereof; utilizes their food service knowledge in the preparation of all menu items in accordance with Thornton Oaks Dining Services Program. They are responsible for the production staff in the absence of the Lead Cook or Director of Dining Services.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School graduate preferred
- License/Certifications: Must obtain Food Safe Certification
- Experience: Three to five (3-5) years’ experience in food production preferably in a health care setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic as required by some duties.
- Ability to meet deadlines and concentrate on work.
- Ability to perform safe food handling, prep and sanitation techniques.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively and courteously with a diverse group of departmental and interdepartmental employees, patients, visitors and customers as needed.
- Basic computer and computerized cash register skills as required by some duties.
- Ability to handle cash, make changes and count money as required by some duties.