At NorDx, we offer rewarding careers in laboratory science for those committed to work at a center of laboratory excellence. NorDx provides patient-centered, state-of-the-art laboratory testing to our partners in healthcare throughout Northern New England. Our success is the result of dedicated and innovated laboratory professionals. If you are seeking a rewarding, challenging career in a laboratory environment with an organization that will develop your strengths to meet your professional goals, we want to talk to you.
- Performs the essential duties and responsibilities of a Medical Laboratory Assistant. Supports the day-to-day operation of the pre-analytic department by monitoring work flow efficiency and helping to resolve daily problems as needed. Assumes the primary role of orienting new employees including phlebotomy and specimen management training by delivering hands-on support for the trainees. Acts as a liaison between leadership and team members.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School Diploma / GED preferred.
- License/Certifications: No certification required. Phlebotomy or Medical Laboratory Assistant preferred (ASCP, AMT, NHA). Driver's License required.
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year Medical Laboratory Assistant experience preferred.
- Ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot independently.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills.
- Professional and effective verbal and written communication.