***THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR OUR CURRENT $1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS***
Current MaineHealth employees are not eligible for the sign-on bonus. Must be separated from the MaineHealth system for 3 months to be eligible.
Please note: Schedule includes rotating weekends.
- Position Summary
- The environmental service technician (“housekeeper”) performs a variety of cleaning tasks to maintain rooms, offices, hallways, and other assigned areas. He or she will work closely with departmental leaders and teammates to ensure high standards of cleanliness and safety are achieved in every area. The environmental service technician (“housekeeper”) will demonstrate a positive attitude and the willingness to provide exceptional customer service, and all interactions with staff, patients or residents and visitors will be carried out with due regard for respect and confidentiality. Work for this role can take place in a variety of difficult and demanding settings, which may include precaution rooms for patients with highly communicable illnesses.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: N/A
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers. Ability to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.