Nurse Clinician-Wish Nurse Admin.
Date: Apr 28, 2021
Dallas, TX, US
Category: Nursing Jobs
Shift Type: Day
Requisition ID: 464001
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Summary Responsible for managing a caseload of patients admitted to designated service by facilitating coordinating and enhancing care through clinical expertise, communication and implementation of quality management protocols to minimize complications, maximize effective communications and ensure optimal use of patient and Parkland's resources.
1. Enhances the care for all patients admitted to the department through clinical expertise, communication, and implementation of defined department management protocols.
2. Reviews patient care management of all activations admitted to the department, ensuring patient care, system and criteria are met. Documents activation criteria, injuries, plan of care, and admission data, ensuring accurate information. Assists in contacting family members and updating team members as needed. Follows patient through admission to ensure patient/family needs are met.
3. Performs data collection and patient tracking for the Registry, Research, center criteria, and the performance improvement processes for the department.
4. Performs daily patient rounds to ensure plan of care is appropriately addressed. Monitors bed availability, consults service response times, and performs procedure follow-up. Ensures patient/family psychosocial needs are addressed and identifies injury prevention educational needs. Coordinates care management activities with the care coordinator assigned to the area.
5. Assists in monitoring criteria for UTSWMC Faculty Contract as needed. Seeks advice and guidance as necessary to ensure proper understanding.
6. Presents and/or assists with the presentation of community outreach programs and continuing education related programs annually. Maintains required continuing education hours annually that is specific to specialty in all phases of care. Educates patients, families, colleagues, and team in advanced, basic, and technical procedures in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act.
7. Serves on Shared Governance Committees. Attends other interdisciplinary committees to ensure effective inter-departmental communication regarding the specialty practice and quality issues within the institution and in the region.
8. Assists in the development, implementation and monitoring of annual goals and objectives for the department that support the mission and objectives of Parkland and the department.
9. Maintain knowledge of Joint Commission Core Measures for the specialty certification. Perform Inter-rater Reliability audits along with the Core Measure Department.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Career Type: Clinical
Individual contributors who comes in direct physical contact with patients and have responsibility in a clinical discipline or specialty focused on patient needs and/or delivery of high-quality care. The majority of time is spent on the delivery of clinical care. May spend a portion of their time on implementation or design of clinical processes, programs, services and policies. Senior clinical roles, such as physicians, may also spend ~20% of their overall time on managerial responsibilities; however, the majority of their time is spent on direct patient care.
*Requires specialized knowledge gained through a combination of experience and/or advanced clinical education, including licensure and certification
*Work follows legally defined scope of practice
*Applies clinical knowledge and experience to achieve operational goals and targets and impacts the overall achievement of results for the job area/department/function
* Responsible for improving upon existing systems and processes to solve problems in the clinical space
*May lead and/or organize the work of other lower level clinical professionals or clinical/technical support, or manage processes and programs
Communication & Influence
*Communicates information within and outside the job area on matters that involve obtaining or providing difficult or sensitive information requiring some explanation and interpretation for patients and others within the care team *Influences others within own job area and patients regarding policies, practices and procedures
Leadership & Talent Management
*Typically responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area
*Executes clinical processes to solve difficult and sometimes complex problems to meet patient needs and/or deliver high-quality care to patients
Knowledge & Experience
*Requires clinical license and/or certification typically obtained through education and moderate to advanced practical knowledge of job area obtained through experience
Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline Less than 2 years prior relevant experience
Typically requires a bachelor¿s degree in a related clinical field
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- - Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- - Must have effective written and verbal communication skills. Must demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- - Must be able to demonstrate knowledge regarding ICD-10 coding and performance improvement.
Must be able to demonstrate expert knowledge of all phases of burn care to include prehospital care, resuscitation, stabilization, supportive care, rehabilitation, and organ/tissue routine inquiry.
- Stroke Only:
Must be able to demonstrate expert knowledge of all phases of stroke care to include prehospital care, rapid assessment of tPA/Neuro IR inclusion/exclusion, stabilization, post ¿ intervention care, supportive care, rehabilitation, and post discharge follow-up care.
- WISH Only: Must be able to demonstrate expert knowledge of all Phases of OBGYN care.
Required Certifications / Licensure
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Burn Only:
Must have certification as Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS) Provider or must obtain within 6 months of hire/placement in classification. Must have or obtain certification as Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS) Instructor within 18 months of hire/placement in classification (Instructor card replaces Provider card). Must have Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification within 6 months of hire/placement in classification. Must have Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) certification within 6 months of hire/placement in classification.
- Stroke Only Must have certification in Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN) or must obtain within 12 months of hire/placement in classification.
- - WISH Only: Must have certification in either Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Nurse Practitioner, Nursing, Rehabilitation, Clinic, Neurology, Healthcare